Some folks asked about my labor sewing project, so here it is. The green cape was the only one that was unfinished when I went into labor. All the capes are for Orion's preschool and I had been asked to make them a few weeks before Soleo was born.
(By the way, his name is pronounced Soul-eee-oh.)
They are a great project and I'm thinking of putting together a tutorial because I finished the neck in a way that makes it easy for a 3-4 year old to put the cape on unassisted. This comes in pretty handy when your hands are full and your superhero needs to get dressed!
The capes have been in use at the school for three weeks now and are getting good reviews from the kids and teachers alike. Orion has announced that he'd sure like to have a red one and a light blue one of his own at home (he only has a dark blue one at home).