Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Growing boy

These aren't the best ever photos of Soleo, but they show off the gorgeous, fantastic, most wonderful hand-knit sweater that my friend Katy knit! Many of you know Katy as the friend with whom I traveled (to many, many countries). She lives in Norway now, with a beautiful growing family and she sent this to us right before Soleo was born.

The yarn even has a story, as Katy and I were together in Munich when she bought it, more than 10 years ago! It has traveled across the Atlantic twice, and back and forth across the United States before finally getting to be this sweater! I am so honored to have such a great friend who made such a wonderful gift! (Never mind her comment that the sweater can last through "many more children, at least enough to fill the minivan"...)



And while I was taking pictures of Soleo, Orion asked that I capture this moment as well:
He is propped on a birdhouse that he and Papa made at the Corn Roast on Sunday.



I think he misses his gymnastics class, eh?...
Check out those little ribs sticking out!

No comments: