Wednesday, October 17, 2007

New Classes at Bolt


I am so grateful to teach at Bolt. It is, by far, the coolest shop I've ever shopped, has the greatest owner/person I've ever worked for, and has the most wonderful clients that sign up for classes in the most record time ever! I've wanted to post the class list for a couple of days, but the classes are all nearly full. If you aren't on the Bolt mailing list, you can sign up in the store. That way you'll get the email notice of the new classes as we add them.

For those of you patient enough to be on a waiting list, it's worth a try to get into:

Zipper Clinic Sunday Nov 18th, 4:30-6:30pm
Cute Skirts Tuesdays, Nov 6th and 13th, 7-9pm
Aprons Tuesdays Nov 20th and 27th, 7-9pm
Learn to Sew: Swing Bag Sundays Dec 2nd, 9th, and 16th 4:30-6:30pm

Call Bolt at 503-287-BOLT. If the class is full, you can ask to be added to the wait list. That way, if we add another session, you'll be the first to know. But each time we send out a new class list, the wait lists start over from scratch. Basically, if you still want in the Cute Skirts class, get on the waiting list. At some point you'll get in!

And if it all just makes you crazy and you want the class r.i.g.h.t.n.o.w. , I am resuming giving private lessons in Portland. Right now I am limiting it to Sundays, prior to teaching class at Bolt.

Happy sewing!
-- and that photo up top is an apron I made for a friend for her birthday! It's roughly the apron pattern from Amy Butler In Stitches. I like her method for the waistband and ties. Instead of handstitching, I just did stitch in the ditch from the front, and it worked nicely.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Now I know what stitch in the ditch is, thanks to you! Thanks again for a great cute skirts class, can't wait to wear it :)