Friday, July 17, 2009

New summer skirt


This is the Favorite Things Belle Skirt, made in linen.

The slight gathers at the center front and center back give the skirt a little more swing than it would otherwise have. The flounce adds only a tiny bit more twirl to the skirt. If I make it again (this is my second one), I think I'll make the flounce a little flouncier. With this one, I was only barely able to fit all the pattern pieces on the fabric. It's 54" wide, so I knew I needed less than the pattern called for, but I underestimated a bit.

edited to add:

There is a Summer Skirt Sew-Along over at Sew, Mama, Sew.
Check out the inspired ladies and all the skirts being made!

It's been so hot here in Portland that it was almost brutal to turn on the iron, but wearing this skirt totally makes it worth it! I started it last night and in the relative cool of this morning, was able to iron it so I could topstitch it and hem it.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Autumn and Dan's family said...

Yes, I agree. Us teachers should get together. :) Thanks for the cloth diaper support. I LOVE cloth diapers! I never knew I would love it this much!