Did I scare you?
This is a wall hanging that I made for Halloween. It was a panel that I quilted and then did the "potholder" technique, so as to skip binding it. If you click on the photo you will get a bigger version and you can look more closely at the picture that shows the back. Because the panel had a nice black edge, I was able to sew along the line and from the front, it looks like I bound it!
I used my BSR and free-motion quilted parts of it, and with the feed-dogs dropped, I outlined around the eyes and some other fun details.
I've been having issues with my binding lately that I'm not really happy with it when I do it entirely by machine. Yet when I attempt to hand finish it, I get all caught up in perfectionism and it takes FOREVER to finish. I needed this done by say, Halloween. Of this year.
Perhaps my handsewing and/or perfectionist attitude will improve upon taking Ms. Alecia Paulson's ornament class over at bolt! I am so excited to be taking a class! It's been a long time since I've gotten to play student. And with my mom in the class, we're sure to have a riot of a good time!