Tuesday, May 22, 2007

My take

I gave the Lotta Jansdotter reversible apron a try. I changed the design of the straps, partly because I dislike the strap tied around my neck, and partly because I couldn't bear to make as many inches of straps as that would require! So I improvised, and then decided to make the straps intentionally asymmetrical, so that the orange peeks through on the blue side. I made it for my mom, and thought she'd probably have the orange side showing more, so I made the straps cuter on that side!

I like the pattern, aside from the straps, and it's totally worth doing again! The side seams give it a little shape, instead of the traditional tube-o'-apron. And it was super easy! From cut out to finished and topstitched, it was probably only 2 1/2 hours! Not bad for the night before Mother's Day, eh? (We celebrated a week late, I'm not that late posting this!)

edited for typo

3 comments:

knitxx0r said...

I think it's pretty telling that you made the typo "cute out" instead of "cut out" -- it certainly is a cute apron!

studio wellspring said...

is this pattern in her latest book? i've been thinking about ordering it. adorable apron ~ i love your strappy design choices!

Sally Deck said...

Yes, this is Lotta's new book! You can see it here: http://sewsally.blogspot.com/2007/04/my-wish-list.html