I also lucked out that I had the lining fabric in my stash (from my Gram Norma, along with the wool!).
I was willing to try out the pattern, knowing that I hadn't invested much in the materials, and as luck would have it, it turned out perfectly!
It is the Uptown Coat by Favorite Things
I only made a couple of modifications. Upon close inspection of the photos on the pattern cover, and wanting as slim-fitting a coat as possible, I chose to make a size slightly smaller than my bust size requirements. I figured that a) the wool + the poly lining would keep me pretty warm and b) I always have at least one small child with me, so it's not like I spend much time in severely cold weather.
I put cording in the buttonholes to make them nice and sturdy.
It took longer to decide on the buttons than any other part of the jacket! Finally I found some buttons to cover and gave it a try!
Be looking for a full review of the pattern soon!