Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Going Green

Before:



After:


I had a turtle neck with a very scratchy neck. It was some nylon/wool/angora/cashmere (ha!) blend. And everytime I put it on, it drove me nuts. But I needed something green for St. Patrick's Day, right? So I cut off the neck and cut down the center front. I applied some knit scraps that I had. I cut two inch wide strips on the straight of grain (so it wouldn't stretch much and get all wavy). I folded the strips in half lengthwise and with the raw edge of the sweater lined up with the raw edges of the knit, sewed it on. I folded it to the back and stitched it down.


So during nap time, I got a new cardigan. Yay!
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

cee + kell said...

Oh.my.holy.hannah! This is so cute Sal. I want one!!!

Dr Mom said...

so cute :) that reminds me, i need a new sweater...

gchaney said...

I am sooo going to do that with this dumb brown turtle-neck I have! I may just do it today- thanks for the inspiration (you are so full of good ideas!)

knitxx0r said...

Frankenknits! I love it!

information security expert said...

I love the color! really beautiful.

Hunting said...

It fits perfectly in the background..looks like Christmas to me!

Motorola Backflip accessories said...

The color is perfect. I have one a few months ago which I got from my mother and this is just perfect :P